Sunday, October 11, 2009

A KEEN FOLLOWER.......

I left the office early last Monday to finally meet the Man whom Joy had long scheduled for me to meet.. The Man is a young, good-looking businessman engaged in luxurious jewelry and watches retail shops (as exclusive distributor of Swiss & German watches) at the same time a known jeweler as his father started this family business. The usual introduction took place and after I introduced myself, the Man expressed his interest in me and offered me to join his company. As he was delightfully discussing his 15-year plans for his business, I just kept still as this scenario was so familiar to me and how I wanted to tell him STOP but I was interrupted when he suddenly asked me what’s going on (obviously he noticed me that my mind was drifting).. I felt so embarrassed as this is unfair to him - he is so nice and kind enough to wait for me and yet here I am going crazy on something I already closed doors.. Further he said, “You look unhappy, I thought you are interested to join in the business as my CFO” the more I felt embarrassed but I tried to project smartly – I smiled and explained that I was thinking of my CMA studies first quarter of next year.. I was able to breathe well when he asked what CMA is and I told him that I wish to be a Certified Management Accountant then he assured me not to worry as it is fine with him. He gave me one week to think it over but last Thursday I got an e-mail regarding the salary offer and seems he is really serious about it. The question is would I accept it? The more I am asking myself about this the more I could not decide and this morning when I woke up I remembered what the old Man said in “The Alchemist” – To realize one’s destiny is a person’s only obligation and, when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it. Is he the Man destined to help me overcome my emotional distress now? How I wish my mind would overrule my heart to answer YES AND FORGET THAT I WAS ONCE JUST A KEEN FOLLOWER.......

No comments: