Monday, May 31, 2010

As Time Goes By.......

Thanks a lot, HC for your e-mail when you learned that I’m here in Casablanca and letting me know that your name is synonymous with the main actor’s real name, Humphrey, of the movie Casablanca. I would like to thank Liz for sharing a copy, that for curiosity I’ve just finished watching it - I did not much appreciate the movie as I was expecting a different ending although I love the song “As Time Goes By..” And one thing that inspired me is the statement of Richard as his parting words - “am doing this and someday you will realize it…” I could relate my experience in Singapore wherein I insisted going back and forth but nothing made me a better person there. When I said to HC that I miss Singapore – he is right when he said that “We grumble when we are here but miss it when we are away. Anyway, Singapore awaits your return.” I know as time goes by, Singapore would be a different memoir for me and as I am here in Casablanca I must move on and try to realize that someday the Man whom I met in Singapore was just the one I used to love and never reciprocated that love as it’s so impossible to happen!

No comments: